Shortly after this, in 1989, the first HIMA Programmable Logic Controller Shutdown system was installed in South Africa. This was a major milestone as it was the first TÜV approved system installed in the country.
With the rapid growth of the process control client base, it became evident that a company re-organization was required to maintain the high-quality client service.
In 1994 Process Control and Integration (Pty) LTD was registered.
In 1997, Process Control and Integration became the official Recognised System Integration partner for the Rockwell Automation range of products.
2015 ushered in a new era in PC&I ownership and management. The company was acquired by the 4 most senior project engineers from within the company. This makes us a Level 2 B-BBEE supplier.
Today we continue to provide solutions for clients such as Sasol, Airports Company of South, OMNIA, Bidvest, Air Traffic Navigation Services, Actom, Eskom, Mondi, Sapref, Natref, Shell Chemicals, Afrox, OTMS, Exxaro and others.
1989 - Staro Controls installs the first TÜV approved PLC based shutdown system in South Africa. It also was the first automated (programmable) ESD installed at Shell worldwide.
1990 - 1998
1994 - Staro Process Control (Pty) LTD was reregistered as Process Control and Integration (Pty) Ltd. (PC&I)
1996 - Process Control and Integration became an official System Integration partner and Platinum Distributor for the Rockwell Automation range of products.
1997 - PC&I obtain the ISO 9001 accreditation
1998 - PC&I re-located to the current premises Northlands Business park Northriding, Gauteng
2006 - 2015
2012 - PC&I has three TÜV certified Functional Safety Engineers.
2013 - Process Control and Integration became the official System Integrator for the Rockwell Automation System Product ICS Triplex (AAdvance). Safety automation system with SIL3 certification
2015 -Ushered in a new era in PC&I ownership and management. The company was acquired by the 4 most senior project engineers from within the company. This makes us a Level 2 B-BBEE supplier.
To meet this commitment, we shall:
- Understand and agree client’s requirements in detail and measure our performance against these requirements.
- Continually improve and upgrade our skill to ensure that we increase our ability to compete.
- Create awareness for each person’s responsibility for quality.
- At all times, supply to our clients the most costeffective technical and commercial service.
- Implement and maintain an effective quality management system to support the process of continuous improvement.
ISO 9001 Listing
During the implementation of projects, the Company will build into the design or at least recommends to clients, issues that could cause deterioration in standards by:
- UMethods to monitor the air, ground and water
- Application of containment practices .
- Application of codes of practice for all hazardous chemicals and substances
- Good engineering standards on all present and future projects
- Tri-annual revision of own work instructions .
- Reporting of any incident considered to be an environmental risk
- Carry out risk analysis to remove or minimize environmental risk